Weak and Wounded Announced by Cemetery Dance Publications
Cemetery Dance Publications has announced my new mini-collection of short stories, Weak and Wounded, featuring an exclusive introduction by Ron McLarty and original interior illustrations by Glenn Chadbourne. The signed Limited Edition and deluxe Lettered Edition are already 80% sold out, so please don’t wait if you’re on the fence.
About the Book:
This new collection by Brian James Freeman features characters who are searching for answers to deeply troubling questions.
* In “Running Rain,” a devastated husband and wife try to pretend life can somehow be normal again after their son becomes a victim of a serial killer known as The Riverside Strangler… but the dark secrets they’re keeping from each other push their relationship to the brink.
* In “Marking the Passage of Time,” a couple approaches the end of the world in their own ways as the clock ticks down and they try to figure out where all of the time has gone…
* “Where Sunlight Sleeps” is the tale of a grieving father and his young son, both dealing with a shared loss the best they can, who take a trip down a memory lane lined with jagged edges and vicious traps…
* On “The Last Beautiful Day,” a devoted husband returns to the scene of the worst day of his life by volunteering for a job that is both morbid and profound.
* “Walking With the Ghosts of Pier 13″ is the story of a young man visiting the beach front amusement park where his brother died during a terrorist attack. He wants to understand why a madman came to this place and blew himself up and killed so many innocent people… but the answer to that question might not be the only thing waiting for the young man when he starts walking with the ghosts.
These five hauntingly beautiful stories show why Publishers Weekly has called Freeman’s writing “skillfully composed prose” and why Tess Gerritsen has said, “Brian James Freeman managed to both scare me and move me to tears.”